Praxeis respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and any similar state or territory legislation applicable.
We collect your personal details to administer your relationship with Praxeis, to provide any personal ministry and to provide you with information on Praxeis events and ministries.
From time to time we may inform you of national and community Christian issues and provide you with an opportunity to respond in the way as you see fit.
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
2. What personal information about me does Praxeis hold?
2.1 Praxeis Contacts
Praxeis collects and holds various personal information (including health information in limited circumstances) about those who interact with Praxeis. This includes information collected by Praxeis as part of its day to day activities. In general, the information is stored on Praxeis’s management system and database.
The information collected by Praxeis includes:
- Your full name, gender, age and contact details, including postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Your education status (including the name of your education institution).
- Your marital status.
- If you are under 18, whether you suffer from any allergies or health conditions.
- If you are part of a household, details relating to the households, such as:
- personal information of your family members;
- personal details of your children; and
- identity of persons who have authority to collect your children from activities run by Praxeis.
2.2 Praxeis Personnel
Praxeis also holds information relating to all it’s staff, volunteers and group leaders including:
- the role and activities of the Personnel; and
- the qualifications held by the Personnel relevant to his or her role, such as working with children status. Praxeis also records the current status of the qualifications, such as whether the Personnel are in the process of applying for the qualifications.
2.3 Contact involvement
Praxeis may also collect information from its contacts regarding the contact’s use of Praxeis’s services. This includes:
- your involvement in Praxeis’s ministries;
- details of donations;
- records of your visits, phone calls and pastoral matters; and
- records of any communications that you have with us.
From time to time Praxeis may conduct a census to update its management system. Praxeis will record and collect all the personal information that you may provide in your response.
2.5 Video recording and security
Praxeis may from time to time record video or images of services and activities at Praxeis. These videos and images may be used and shown for information, teaching and/or promotional purposes. By attending these services and activities, you consent to Praxeis taking the video and images and using and disclosing them for such purposes.
In addition, Praxeis may also install and operate security surveillance cameras for security purposes. The location of these cameras will be notified to all visitors to the extent required by law. Praxeis may use and disclose the video footage from these cameras for legal and security reasons.
In addition to the above, Praxeis may also hold any other information you provided to us (whether orally, by mail or email or online).
If at any time another person provides personal information about you to us then we will ask that person to ensure that you have read and understood this policy and separately consented to that personal information being used and disclosed by us for the purposes described below. If you provide personal information about any other person (including your family members), then you must ensure that the person has read and understood this policy and consents to us collecting, using and disclosing the information that you provide as described in this policy.
3. What does Praxeis do with my personal information?
Praxeis uses the personal information about its contacts to:
administer the records of your relationship with Praxeis.
3.2 Staff, volunteers and group leaders
Praxeis uses personal information about its Personnel to assess their suitability to perform their role, and to match their skills to particular activities.
Praxeis also uses personal information about you:
- to respond to your queries;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to assist Praxeis in operating and improving its services;
- to send information about and invitations to future events, worship services, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services, events or current issues;
- to inform you of national and community Christian issues and provide you with an opportunity to respond;
- for our internal administrative, promotional and planning requirements; and
- to compile and report statistics, with all the relevant personal and/or proprietary information de-identified prior to the completion of such statistics.
3.4 Opt out
You may opt out of receiving any communications from Praxeis at any time. If you wish to do this, please make all requests to us (see “Contact Us” below). Please indicate on your request whether you would like to opt out of either, or both, postal and electronic communications.
Praxeis will not disclose personal information about you to any person except:
- on a confidential basis to its Personnel who have a need to know to provide a service to you;
- on a confidential basis to agents and other service providers that Praxeis uses in the day to day operations of its activities such as the Praxeis management system; or
- with your prior consent (for example, on Praxeis’s directory).
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request correction of that information by contacting us. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide Praxeis with personal details, such as your name or address, the range of options and services available to you may be limited.
3.8 Data Storage
If any personal information collected by Praxeis is stored or managed by a third party on behalf of Praxeis, Praxeis will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information will be held, used and disclosed by the third party consistently with the National Privacy Principles. The service provider managing the information for Praxeis may store certain personal information outside Australia. You consent to the transfer of your information outside Australia by submitting your personal information to Praxeis.
3.9 Online Security
We have a public website www.praxeis.org.au which is available to anyone. There is no personal data stored on this site.
3.10 Contact Us
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Praxeis, should also be made in writing to the address below.
Our contact details are as follows:
2 Vision Drive,
BURWOOD EAST VIC 3151
Phone: 0432 678 553
3.11 Security, quality and accuracy of information
We endeavour to keep personal information up to date and accurate. We will also endeavour to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act 1988.
Praxeis may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Praxeis in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Praxeis may do so, subject only to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act 1988 or other applicable legislation.